CrossPlay (Destiny)

by FyreWulff, Friday, June 07, 2019, 08:28 (1778 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Crossplay would the pinnacle here, yeah, but crossdata means I can just pop over to whatever platform people want me to play with them on that night, or even multiple in one night.

The only thing about Crossplay is that I don't ever see it coming to PC. It's a different game on the PC. Between Consoles sure. I mean I guess with Stadia it's going to be even more interesting... I just feel like certain places (PvP) there is going to be a lot of backlash of hardware superiority. Maybe not. Hopefully it does come out and you can just have a check box to choose if you want to crossplay with PC/non-console devices. They already said they are working to redo the matchmaking and PvP playlists.

I know on Xbox, you're actually required to implement a no crossplay checkbox or you'll fail cert.

My guess is if Destiny goes crossplay, it'll be primarily PvE (so strikes, patrol, etc). Crucible with a toggle or would come later, with maybe Competitive being locked to console vs console and PC vs PC.

I don't think they'd particular care about the different metas as PC D2 already has both the console and KBAM meta depending on if you're playing with a controller or not.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread