CrossPlay (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, June 07, 2019, 11:17 (1756 days ago) @ Kermit

I've been telling my friends that cross-play is never coming to Destiny. It's something that needs to be planned for from the start, and I seem to recall that there were forks for the different platform versions of Destiny as development progressed. Certainly player data was platform-agnostic because from the start they supported different generations of consoles, so cross-saves have always possible. Cross-play is a different animal. Certainly with enough resources anything is possible, and maybe Bungie doesn't want to rule it out, but I'd like a knowledgeable assessment of Destiny cross-play--what are the obstacles unique to Destiny?

I think from a business standpoint cross saves are enough. This way, players will buy another copy of the game to play with all their friends, and they don't have to spend time and money engineering cross play. From a practical standpoint, cross play is just as good since the only thing stopping you from playing with anyone is having another copy of the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread