SPOILERS Star Wars IX - The Rise of Skywalker SPOILERS (Off-Topic)

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, December 26, 2019, 10:22 (1554 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Poe merely ferries characters from Mcguffan to Mcguffan, before finally being promoted to General when Leia dies. Does he take this opportunity to put into effect what he's learned about leadership? To inspire? To make the hard choices? No of course not. He just… gives up. Literally. No rousing speech, no appeal to hope. Just… hey guys sorry but we are fucked. Lando shows up and oh look at that the tide has turned. Not only does this not make any sense for Poe's character, but it's outrageous. At the end of Last Jedi, nobody came when they sent out the distress call. So what happened? What did Lando say to everyone to convince them to come this time?! Just hand waved when it could have been a rousing emotional moment. Forget Lando. Poe should have been the one to go out and rally everyone together, having grown into a true leader and uniting everyone. And we should have seen that. But nope. Out of nowhere.

My only thought on this is that the Emperor broadcast to the entire galaxy. I think everyone knew it was now or never, and as there was already a fight underway (essentially, the final fight), it was as good a time as any. *shrug*

Hux. Why is he helping them? "I don't care if you win, I just want Kylo to lose". Ug. We need to see this discontent grow. Like every other character in this film we're simply told what they feel but we are never shown why. I kind of get it, as Kylo is being a petulant brat at the end of TLJ, but they simply needed to butt heads more for this to make and sense or track. He was perfectly fine with blowing up planets and crushing the rebellion before. We need to see him change his mind. Did you know a scene was cut out where Hux has at it with Kylo in the opening? He yells at him for chasing ghosts. Not much but it'd have been something.

This one was telegraphed just fine over the last two movies. He almost killed Kylo while he was out cold near the end of TLJ and was subsequently tossed around by Kylo for the rest of the movie. The resentment is clear. XD

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread