Ads? I call those notifications! (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, August 07, 2020, 08:32 (1355 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by MacAddictXIV, Friday, August 07, 2020, 08:45

As does everywhere else...

No Ads on Switch.

No Ads on PS4 or PS3 dashboard.

No Ads when I open a game from GOG. You can even set Steam to never display popups and go straight to your library.

The Xbox is the only place where you have to see Ads. Unless you count the product placement in Death Stranding :-p

I'm only half joking. I honestly don't think of them as ads at all. Ads to me are annoying things that pop up telling me I should get male enhancement or a new set of clogs while surfing the internet. If I'm on my Xbox to play games and the xbox tells me there is a weekend sale on a game and it shows me what game it is? That's amazing to me. I never would have known otherwise and I have played games that I normally never would have bought and played otherwise.

These sort of notifications (or "ads") I lump up with every other notification that Xbox tells me about. Game finished downloading? Thanks Xbox. Movie clip finishing uploading? Thanks Xbox. A favorited friend is online? Thanks Xbox!

Ads to me are unwanted and usually random companies telling me that I should buy their product for no reason other than my heart is beating. Xbox is a gaming platform that is telling you there are cheap games or brand new games to be bought if you want them.

But I guess you are a purest so everything that I just said doesn't mean anything to you. So, carry on your merry way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread