Why are you like this? (Gaming)

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Friday, August 07, 2020, 11:38 (1352 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Xbox is literally the only platform you cannot turn them off on. I have not seen an ad on a game console since I played Halo 5 many years ago. Is that so hard to understand?

Yes it's actually very hard to wrap my head around. The fact that two little squares on the dashboard is enough to make you swear off the entire console.

It's so weird and dumb that I've decided to invent a new word to mark the occasion.

Absurdiculudicrous.

I'd much prefer no ads as default, but if I can turn it off I'm fine with it I guess. You cannot turn them off on Xbox.

I quickly checked my Switch and PS4 and couldn't figure out how to disable any of them. Granted, I'm not willing to put too much effort into it, since I couldn't care less about a few squares that I can easily ignore.

I would not have a switch if it looked like that when I turned it on. Here's what I see:

[image]

This is the same as the pic I linked.

Two quick links to the news page, and the eshop respectively. Neither of those are themselves ads (but clicking them will take you to ads for sure).

An ad for an ad. Okay. You got me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread