You can't write a better line to precede it... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 11, 2022, 16:36 (707 days ago) @ uberfoop

We can't wish Johnson's line away with talk of conversation flow and act like it doesn't affect the interpretation of what the Arbiter says.

I'm not wishing it away or arguing that it doesn't create context for Arby's line. I think it exists primarily to do that: it breaks up the Chief's action so that Arby gets a natural window to respond, and sets the stage by acknowledging the pre-existing beef between the two characters. Otherwise it would be a confusing scene, especially to new players.

I think it's sloppy and confusing as is, but reasonable people can disagree. I was reading another forum where someone was saying how great "were it so easy" is, and another person said, "I never understood that line." I've said all I can think of to say about the scene. Regardless, the last scene is the most egregiously nonsensical. There's probably other parts of the script I could nit pick but its the repetition that kills me. It indicates the writers thought this was a gem, and it's disappointing that they poorly handled their gems.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread