26/M/North Carolina

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, March 09, 2013, 20:20 (4058 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I jumped on the Bungie.Org train around 2003 (I think?) with HBO before Halo 2 came out. I was on the Bungie train, however, long before that. In fact, at nine years old, the demos for Marathon and Pathways into Darkness were the first games I ever played (ah, Macintosh 660AV, how I miss you...). I skipped Myth and Oni (mostly because I was given a PC, didn't know about them, and had zero budget for games) but I never, ever forgot Bungie's name, or their logo.

So many years later when I started seeing commercials for that newfangled Halo game, I was intrigued. Then I saw it was on a console, and I didn't own any consoles, so I stopped caring. Then one day my friend brought his Xbox over with the Halo demo disc. Two years later, I had a limited edition copy of Halo 2 in my hands before I even had an Xbox.

I have to credit Bungie for getting me into gaming in the first place. Vulgar as it sounds, where most of the Internet seems to have a raging hard-on for Valve, I have one for Bungie. They have never let me down, they're an amazing group of people, and I find the way they share that with the world to be second to none.

I'm psyched for Destiny, and I'm psyched to be here at the inception of something awesome, rather than coming in after the party has already started.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread