21/F/Wilmington, NC

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, March 11, 2013, 09:36 (4057 days ago) @ Dax01

NC has nothing to offer me. Not a huge fan of the weather, too.

Please tell me you've spent extended time in every part of NC. If not, then stop over generalizing, and be more specific. Wilmington might just not be to your liking

Did I insult you or something?

Yes, actually. I find the idea that someone doesn't like my current home state insulting. I know that may sound weird, but as a Durham resident I have to put up with a lot of insults towards where I choose to make a home and raise a family, and it's very tiresome. I know you didn't directly imply anything about where I specifically live, but I find it crazy that you could say that the entire state has nothing to offer you if you've only ever lived in Wilmington (which I'm only assuming, but it certainly sounds that way).

I've lived in NC for seventeen years, dude. I can say anything about the state I damn well please. It's too conservative for my tastes and it doesn't offer me anything.

Again, please be specific. Wilmington does not represent all of NC. The Triangle area and the are around Asheville are very much different from you are seeing.

If I had to live anywhere in this state, it'd be Asheville which is GORGEOUS, but I'm not retired, and Asheville doesn't offer me anything for what I want to do with my life.

What I love most about NC is that I can drive 2 hours and be in the Mountains, and enjoy those beautiful and gorgeous Smokys. Or I can drive 2 hours and be at the beach. Yet I can still live in one of the most progressive and culturally diverse areas to pursue the career that I want to pursue. If you're into technology or entrepreneurial shit, the Triangle area is one of the best places to be in the country. Especially because the weather is amazing, and you don't have to deal with gray dreary weather that you'll find in the North East or Pacific North West of the country, which I find to be horrifically depressing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread