21/F/Wilmington, NC

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, March 11, 2013, 08:20 (4057 days ago) @ Dax01

NC has nothing to offer me. Not a huge fan of the weather, too.

Please tell me you've spent extended time in every part of NC. If not, then stop over generalizing, and be more specific. Wilmington might just not be to your liking

Did I insult you or something? I've lived in NC for seventeen years, dude. I can say anything about the state I damn well please. It's too conservative for my tastes and it doesn't offer me anything.

If I had to live anywhere in this state, it'd be Asheville which is GORGEOUS, but I'm not retired, and Asheville doesn't offer me anything for what I want to do with my life.

When you say you hate an entire state, you're bound to arouse some defensiveness. I do think you're giving the impression that it's more culturally homogeneous than it is. One of the things I like about it is I don't have to travel far to feel like I'm in a completely different place.

Fair enough, though. Like I said, I had similar feelings when I was younger. I hope you get to live in lots of places. Who knows? Maybe you'll feel homesick someday. If you're ever up this way, there are several HBOers around if you want to have a meet up.

Peace.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread