24/M/Michigan

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 20:22 (4062 days ago) @ Mr Daax
edited by General Vagueness, Sunday, March 10, 2013, 21:09

In the late summer of 2007, I got an original Xbox, along with some games for it that I'd heard were good. One of them was Halo. I played it and I liked it, and after I played it again something clicked and I knew it was one of my favorite games ever. That's when I became a Halo fan. The manual listed some websites and that was the same time my family got an Internet connection again (we'd had one before but for a few months at a time and I think it was the first time we'd had broadband) I was looking for things to do with it, so I checked them out. One of those sites was HBO. I checked it a few times over the next few months but it didn't grab me. I got Halo 2 for Christmas that year. At some point I thought I should finish the first game on Legendary before I did something in Halo 2 (what it was, I forget), and I wound up using the walkthrough on HBO. That brought me in more and after a while I started lurking the forum. Then I saw on X-Play they were having a contest related to Halo, and I sent in that info through e-mail and it was on the front page within a day. After a few more days of lurking I introduced myself and no one replied, so I mostly lurked until about 2 months later. I'd say I became a Bungie fan when I finally downloaded Marathon and got it set up and played it and decided I liked it too; it looks like that was in spring or early summer of 2011.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread