Agreed. (Fan Creations)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 07, 2015, 16:05 (3154 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yes, Bungie probably didn't tell us about no third Raid soon enough. If my theory about PoE being the third raid is true then they also probably didn't explain why there was no third Raid anywhere near well enough. But, at the same time, I simply cannot understand getting so angry at not receiving a feature that you were never promised. Written and then scathing posts? Headache inducing facepalms? Last straws? Based merely on incomplete, out of date leaked info and unsupported expectation? I am of the opinion that a lot of the scathing criticism that is held against Bungie should really be turned back on players and fans who overreacted and blew this issue way out of proportion.

This is my biggest issue with all the negativity surrounding Destiny. In my limited experience, most of it is based on incomplete information and assumptions. Expectations for things that were never promised or intended. In this instance, it's perhaps more true than in general. Bungie never so much as mentioned a Raid for HoW, yet everyone took it for granted that we'd have one. It's the kind of attitude that has pervaded every aspect of Destiny: people building their expectations up as gospel for what Bungie promised, even when they did no such thing.

Overall, though, this was a great write up, and really interesting. And while I personally love Destiny, and have very little to criticize it for, I understand that some do, and I don't see an issue with that. This was very thoughtful, and if there's one thing I can agree with it, it's that Bungie could probably do a better job communicating, especially in instances like the above. While they never said HoW would have a Raid, I feel like they'd have to be willfully ignoring everything around them to not realize that the majority of their audience expected one. They could have nipped that bud very early on by just saying, "We're not providing a Raid for House of Wolves. Instead we're working on a different sort of end game PvE activity, trying something new." And while there obviously would still be disappointment at the lack of a Raid, there wouldn't have been such outrage about it from being told late in the game. I personally still think it's silly for anyone to have expected a Raid. It's why you always have to look at leaks as exactly what they are: unconfirmed. Until I hear it from Bungie, I don't believe it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread