Massive Space Battles (Destiny)

by Durandal, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 17:22 (2969 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Frankly I would have preferred the massive space battles and left the crucible out of it. I loved the scene where several dreadnoughts are teaming up to take apart one of the class 1 reapers, and the codex indicates that the Asari were doing that as well until the reapers just started an all out assault on their homeworld.

It seemed to me that Bioware had written themselves in a corner in ME3 by having the reapers full strength appear right at the start. They probably felt that they needed to add the crucible to give a reason that Shepard and the forces of the galaxy could defeat the reapers while gallivanting across the galaxy, and to make the endings something other then some alliance of races killing all the reapers.

I disagree of course. They could have written about how Shepard unites the galaxy and leads the combined forces in an attack on the reaper fleet wasting their time at earth, all the while leading smaller containment actions on any reapers that break out, but that was not to be.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread