Massive Space Battles (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 00:51 (2991 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Agreed.

I liked the idea that the Reapers were tough but not invincible. That, like Sovereign said, they were able to win decisively over and over because organic life inevitably found the Mass Relays and the Citadel and developed along similar lines. As much as I like Mass Effect (I think it is easily one of the top series of the 360 / PS3 generation and rivals any other series of that time) in some ways it was a series marked by a string of plot based betrayals.

- Wasn't the original idea put forth that stopping Sovereign would strand the Reaper fleet in darks space? And, to me at least, the implication of "strand" meant more than "have them have to do an extra two years of easy, no consequences flying."

- One of the biggest ones, where the Council completely turned its back on you and pretended the huge battle at the Citadel simply did not happen. The disavowing of the Reapers was maybe one of the biggest let downs of the 360 generation. I'd have been ok with them publicly blaming the Geth, a known boogeyman, while preparing for the actual extinction they knew was coming... but instead they spent Mass Effect 2 in complete lala land after I sacrificed my friends and colleagues of the Alliance fleet to save them.

Is the problem that you don't think that was plausible, or that you didn't like it, as a character?

I don't think you're supposed to like it, but it seemed fairly plausible to me. Admitting the existence of Reapers publicly would undermine nearly every political authority in existence, and might still achieve nothing that you can't do in secret.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread