So . . . Uncharted. (No Spoilers) (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 07:30 (2915 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 07:44

So, honestly, maybe a useless thread since I haven't played much and there's not going to be much to say until everyone finishes and is okay with spoiler talk, but I already can't praise this game enough.

I'm not as far as you. I just stole the cross in Italy and escaped.

However, I agree. It's fantastic. I was initially weary of the whole long lost brother trope, but the way it was introduced with the flashbacks, and the fact that he was presumed dead actually made me feel okay with it.

They keep getting better and better. Naughty Dog is the best in the business, right up there with Platinum. There are no Caveats. The game is great, well written, and respects your time. There's actual human emotion in the story. The environments are amazing, interactive, and you get a lot of mileage from them. The combat feels intense, because you aren't just a killing machine mowing down low level thrall.

I'm sure we can exchange reviews when we finish.

2016 is going to be a great year for games.

P.S. Does this game take place in the 90s? Nathan's flip phone, and Crash Bandicoot would place this in 1996-1997 territory. That would mean Uncharted 1 took place in the late 80s, which makes no sense given the model of Elena's video camera and her reality TV stardom.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread