Am I crazy, or did I just miss the boat? (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 13, 2016, 17:20 (2913 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And I will say I agree with them about the gunplay, even 4 feels about the same. It's kind of a shame because it feels good in Last of Us, but that's I suppose mostly because it's intended to feel more difficult to shoot in that game. In an action game series it's disappointing the shooting mechanics aren't tighter.

In Last of Us, every bullet counts, so to miss because of dodgy controls would be terrible. In Uncharted, you're being shot at all the time and outnumbered, so it makes sense you can't just pop off headshots from 100 yards away. For what it's worth the shooting in the Nathan Drake collection and in 4 feels just fine. However I remember the original game on PS3 to be unbearable to control.

Same. The jerky movements, gimmicky six-axis integration, and terrible aiming are why I never bothered getting into the Uncharted series. None of these issues were present in The Nathan Drake Collection. The games have felt more or less right throughout (although the shooting in U3 is the smoothest by far), and I really enjoyed the Uncharted 4 Beta's shooting and movement.
I never expected Drake to be a military commando when it comes to shooting (heck, he was raised by nuns), so it's never really bothered me, since the controls were responsive.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread