Am I crazy, or did I just miss the boat? (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 13, 2016, 15:02 (2913 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The general opinion that I heard repeated many times was that Uncharted 3 was great "in a bubble", but being the 3rd in the series harmed many people's perception of it because it did too little to improve on the previous games and repeated too many of the same mistakes. I remember hearing lots of "the gunplay still sucks... how can they continue to fill the game with so much shooting without making the combat any fun?" and that sort of thing. I specifically remember hearing several people complain about some of the "chase" sequences

I played these games much later, but from what I hear the aiming was bad, and later they released a patch to fix it.

I can understand why 3 would disappoint after 2, because it is really just a bigger better version of it. You are kind of doing the same things, only with a different story. There are standout moments like the ship, but it is overall very similar.

With regards to chases, even in 4, we have yet another vehicle chase sequence. Granted this time in 4 it's taken way up a notch, but you are still just shooting guys and jumping from car to car (after of course being dragged around on a rope which is really sweet). I am surprised we don't have yet, for example, a James Bond style ski chase or something similar to mix it up. I can totally see Drake skiing down a mountain outrunning an avalanche, shooting all the bad guys while doing it, then base jumping off a cliff to safety. That would in fact be MORe realistic than some of his stunts :-p

But yeah. 3 was just a better version of 2, whereas 2 really was a huge leap forward, both in terms of graphics and in terms of mechanics.

Also I get the sense that the shooting is supposed to 'suck'. You're not supposed to be able to mow people down like you can in Destiny. That actually makes thinks a bit more tense.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread