Indeed. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 13:07 (2661 days ago) @ narcogen

It has a become a strange world in which admitting that one plays other games is evidence of failure on the part of Bungie's designers, and that visiting once in awhile is not "playing" a game, and having done everything you want is somehow a disappointment.

I don't get it.

Yeah, it is interesting how expectations and perceptions seem to have changed a bit in recent years. Destiny started its third year several months ago but is still being heavily supported. That just didn't happen with Bungie's Halos. We'd get multiplayer playlist updates, sure, but not the ongoing addition of features and content that we've seen with Destiny. If anything, there's much more reason to be playing Destiny this late into its life than there was for any of the Halos.

I'm actually curious if we talking about this more because Destiny is now "old" or because Destiny wasn't what some (many?) expected or wanted it to be. And, if Destiny had met more expectations would it being "old" matter nearly as much.

I guess in the end I feel the question of how people can still be playing and some of the answers, mine above included, are both a little loaded. The question, because people play older games all the time without being looked down upon, and some of the answers because it's likely that most of us don't just play Destiny and nothing but Destiny. I myself have played the following this month alone:

- Destiny
- The Witcher 3
- Child of Light
- Titanfall 2
- Life is Strange
- Mass Effect 3
- And probably some other stuff...

So really, the answer to the question of how can I still play Destiny is that its a fun, easy to slip into game that I enjoy when I either want to play it and sometimes when I don't feel like playing other things. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread