I can jump in and out, but it took some work. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 12, 2017, 00:29 (2660 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Then you aren't trying. Some of us enjoy playing Destiny. I don't play Strikes or Crucible to level up for a Raid or high end Crucible activity. I play Strikes when I feel like playing Strikes. I play Crucible when I feel like playing Crucible. And I only ever Raid for the fun of playing with five friends. I haven't repeated a Raid over and over to level up or get armor or weapons since getting to level 28 was a thing for the Vault of Glass. And if I don't feel like doing any of those things I don't do any of them. I'll play another game.

No one here is talking about playing the Raid over and over. I'm talking about getting to the raid, the only thing in Rise of Iron I'd actually like to do.

There's no as long as it takes. I play because I enjoy playing.

I'd like to be able to do that, but the game literally won't let me. I'd have to spend hours playing through shit that I don't want to over and over again to get to the part I want to play.

As always, if playing Destiny is literally a complete chore then snap your disc in half and throw it away. If playing a game more than the absolute minimum in order to reach or compete in or complete the game's very highest goals or challenges is so absurd to you, then find something you like doing and do that instead.

I basically have. I haven't played since before the update in April last year.

I feel like I've shown multiple times that I understand that many of you like just hopping into Destiny and doing whatever, and that's awesome, but you've yet to show that you understand that there are some of us that literally can't play the things in Destiny we want to play without going through hours of stuff we just don't. You can't just pretend it's not a real problem and tell me it's my fault and that I shouldn't play if I don't want to play, when that's exactly what I've been doing for nearly a year now. You're actual literal words that said I could be raid ready in a few days is ridiculous to me. Why should I have to play a few day's worth of content that I don't want to in order to do the one activity I would actively enjoy? If the story content took a few days and led directly to me being ready to raid, that would be entirely different situation, and a welcome one, but that's not the case.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread