I can jump in and out, but it took some work. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, January 12, 2017, 00:00 (2633 days ago) @ cheapLEY

While true, you're overplaying that fact. Vendor gear is 350 Light and would only take a few days of solid play to buy a full set.

Can you not see the absurdity of that statement? I have to play the game for a couple of hours a night for a few days before I'm allowed to do the things I actually want to do? I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, but I honestly struggle to see how anyone can really look at that and deem it as acceptable.

Then you aren't trying. Some of us enjoy playing Destiny. I don't play Strikes or Crucible to level up for a Raid or high end Crucible activity. I play Strikes when I feel like playing Strikes. I play Crucible when I feel like playing Crucible. And I only ever Raid for the fun of playing with five friends. I haven't repeated a Raid over and over to level up or get armor or weapons since getting to level 28 was a thing for the Vault of Glass. And if I don't feel like doing any of those things I don't do any of them. I'll play another game.

I get that for some of you, that's fine, that playing the strikes or crucible or whatever with your friends for as long as it takes to get that light level is a fun way to pass the time. For some of us, it's just not, and is literally a complete chore. There has got to be a better solution for making sure players are prepared to undertake a raid than making them grind for hours.

There's no as long as it takes. I play because I enjoy playing. Mostly I play Strikes as a Defender because I enjoy protecting my team and dropping bubbles while I revive people off the floor. I play for the rare moment that a Rando waves to me after saving him for the fifth time in the last ten minutes. It makes my day when a Rando picks me up super quickly because I've been right there saving him at a moment's notice across one or more Strikes.

I also don't Raid that much. There are people that Raid multiple times a week. People who chase after challenge modes. People who have to have full sets of glowing Raid armor. I think I've completed one of the WotM challenges so far. Have completed the Raid itself maybe three times. Personally, I don't quite like the way Raids are set up. I think they should fit naturally into the story, serve as a nice exciting exclamation point to the story, that they should have you accomplish something significant with regards to the story ( Crota's End and King's Fall got those right while Vault of Glass and Wrath of the Machine more or less didn't) AND that a Raid should reward you with a pile of consistent, high quality gear and weapons.

Beating a Raid shouldn't be something you have to do weekly for months on end. It should give you one of every Raid reward and everything it gives you should be at max level. They should be big clamatic one time events (like Assault on the Control Room was a one time event) that you'll run multiple times because you want to (just like I played AotCR many many times because I wanted to.) Running a raid dozens of times so I can level up so I can run the hard mode dozens of times so I can max my level is not something that appeals to me. So I don't do it. Which is why most of my builds max out in the upper 380s these days instead all of them being at 400 like some people's.

As always, if playing Destiny is literally a complete chore then snap your disc in half and throw it away. If playing a game more than the absolute minimum in order to reach or compete in or complete the game's very highest goals or challenges is so absurd to you, then find something you like doing and do that instead.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread