I can jump in and out, but it took some work. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, January 12, 2017, 01:30 (2654 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I feel like I've shown multiple times that I understand that many of you like just hopping into Destiny and doing whatever, and that's awesome, but you've yet to show that you understand that there are some of us that literally can't play the things in Destiny we want to play without going through hours of stuff we just don't. You can't just pretend it's not a real problem and tell me it's my fault and that I shouldn't play if I don't want to play, when that's exactly what I've been doing for nearly a year now. You're actual literal words that said I could be raid ready in a few days is ridiculous to me. Why should I have to play a few day's worth of content that I don't want to in order to do the one activity I would actively enjoy? If the story content took a few days and led directly to me being ready to raid, that would be entirely different situation, and a welcome one, but that's not the case.

Fair enough.

I think Destiny's Raids are too iconic and are too much a focus of each expansion to be something that players cannot do even though they have completed all the new Missions and Strikes for that Raid's expansion. Further, the challenge of the Raids at the base level should be the puzzles and natural battles against equal leveled enemies. Making base level Raids a battle against overleveled enemies has never sat well with me. It feels contrived to have to level up to play Raids without a massive disadvantage.

The other stuff that's been talked about though? Things like Trials or Iron Banner or hard mode Raids? Those should be reserved for the people who want something extra to reach for and accomplish. If you don't want to do extra work then things like the Elimination playlist, regular non-Light Level Crucible, and the base level Raids should exist to let you have much of the same experience. But the special loot and destinations (like the Lighthouse) and bragging rights should be reserved for those who reach for them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread