Indeed. (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 17:16 (2661 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'm actually curious if we talking about this more because Destiny is now "old" or because Destiny wasn't what some (many?) expected or wanted it to be. And, if Destiny had met more expectations would it being "old" matter nearly as much.

Speaking of expectation...

I remember one of their videos saying something like (paraphrase) "Wouldn't it be nice to have a persistent world that's always there for you?" Which technically is true...if you don't mind constantly grinding for not that great of payout. It's a game where difficulty and rewards are directly related. For a player like me...it would be fun to have a quest line that might take a months or more to unlock. "Complete 500 patrols" "Kill 25,000 enemies" And at the end you get something great. Then when I'm grinding during these lulls, it's still counting for something.

But the one that irritates me the most was when they said (paraphrase) "There will be so much customization. This is the most customization we've ever done." Yet it took me 3 years to finally create a character with the colors I wanted. Their idea of "customization" is not quite accurate.

But still...after three years, it's still fun to play. And to still be competitive with all the other stuff out there, says a lot.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread