Red and White (and Black) (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 16:10 (2558 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by Korny, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 16:14

The most visually powerful triad of colors is Red, White, and Black. If you want to make something visually stunning, you use those colors for the greatest effect. It makes sense that you'd use shots composed primarily of those colors in a trailer, since you're trying to be eye catching.

We picked up Persona 5. Never played any other game in the series, so I'm not familiar with their color schemes, but the red/white/black that was used heavily in the marketing is actually integrated in everything from the artwork to the menus. You'd think something so blatant would stick out for sure, but visually I don't recall anything doing that in recent years, so I haven't "become" immune to it from a marketing perspective, but I did always catch the orange and teal approach. I dunno. The Star Wars trailer looked more orange and gray to me...

And heck, even their marketing isn't quite as loaded with it as the game is, surprisingly enough (besides scenes from the intro):

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread