No (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, May 19, 2017, 03:07 (2549 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Halo 2 at E3 was jaw dropping inspiring, with music that I can remember note for note even today.

This was a good show, but can you hum any of the music during this presentation. No? That's what you get when Marty leaves.

are you claiming that you could hum the Halo 2 E3 demo music note for note after watching it 1 time? You can hum it note for note, b/c you've watched it dozens or hundreds of times.

I'll claim it for him. H2E32k3 changed. My. Life. Before Halo 2 was announced, I had no idea what E3 even was, nor did I care. I was completely foreign to the idea of feeling excitement for a video game before it was released. I knew what Hyper was(I am ADHD after all) but I had never learned of hype. All of that changed in the summer.

I had a Dial-Up connection back then. It took Seven. Teen. Hours.

It was worth every agonizing second. I had never been so enraptured by a video game since playing Sonic Adventure. The shock that went through my eyes when MC picked up two weapons at once--the absolute qirlish squeal I let out when he jumped on a Ghost and kicked a Brute right off the damn seat, and the rush of seeing(and hearing!) all those swords activating at once! I can still remember screaming and weeping with thrilled joy, because even to this day, I have to hold myself back now.

I definitely could(and did) hum or sing the songs of H2E32k3 after one viewing. After dozens or hundreds, at this point I'm willing to bet I can play them! And I haven't touched an instrument in years!

H2E32k3 might've been a bad example, but there are some beautiful things that just stick with you forever.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread