Think I'm done. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 08:11 (2395 days ago) @ BeardFade

Y'all can disagree all you want. Destiny 2 is pile of f*&%ing garbage. I honestly want my money back. I wish I would have gone with my gut and not gotten it.

D2 PvP is so incredibly bad that I would rather continue to play D1 PvP and we all know that's a steaming pile of poop.

I think I have enjoyed 1 whole evening playing this game since I bought it, and that was more because I was playing with some people who are role models in my profession (I was playing with Facebook engineers who work on React core, for the devs in here who might wonder).

In a short list, here's why I hate D2:

• You took away my favorite guns. Anyone who uses a sniper in PvP is stupid.

Honestly, I don't think they took away enough D1 weapons.

[*] You took away power ammo pretty much entirely. There are nights I never get a purple crate. The amount of times I have been shoulder charged by Titans as I try and get the power ammo is unreal.

I know that everyone has their own experience, but Power Ammo respawns fairly often, and certainly often enough for you to be able to get at least some. I never go for Heavy unless I'm on the enemy's side and I want to deny it from them, or ours is at risk of being stolen, and I end up with at least one instance of Heavy per match.
Sounds like you're playing with Randoms (and worse, Titans), so running into jerks is more common, but the ammo has a timer that you can check periodically. I think you should play with fellow DBOers, since you can coordinate ammo distribution better.

[*] If you use a hunter in PvP, you're stupid, too. I currently cannot get my recovery above 2. You can't do crap if you're stuck waiting for 10 seconds to get your health back. Thank you Bungie for making my favorite class, which was already weak as f*&%, the most pointless class in the game.

Hey, I'm a Warlock, so I know all about tanking damage and re-engaging quickly... But I ran Hunter almost exclusively in this Iron Banner, and I could argue that I died far less because of the higher mobility; I certainly wasn't afraid of any roaming Supers, especially not those shield Titans:

Hunters just have different strengths, and some that the other classes have to live without, so low Recovery isn't a huge trade-off. I think you just need to run a different class for a while to really appreciate the things that you can do as a Hunter, regardless of whether your health comes back instantly or not.

[*] It's harder than ever for me to find someone to play with because the UI is worse and the fireteams are smaller. With no 6v6 option, I'm always playing solo. And solo don't got a f&^%ing chance anymore.

This really sounds like a self-imposed issue, though. I'd hate to use anecdotal evidence from a different console, especially since I don't know what your friends list looks like, so I won't say that it is objectively easy to find people to play with, but I mean, if you insist on playing Crucible, is it really that difficult to send a Fireteam invite to competent teammates? Even if you lose a match, maybe one of your teammates did well, and maybe he's hoping that he didn't have to gamble by playing Solo every match as well.

Send fireteam invites
. This shouldn't be thought of as taboo.

[/list]

I don't have the kind of time I used to. When I have time to relax, I just want something I can turn on and have a little fun with. D1Y3 was one of the most disappointing times in my short video game life. I should have quit that long ago. D2 is 100x worse.

I think you should take a break from Destiny. I recently hit a moment of discouragement with D2. All three characters are 304, and I had every single weapon and armor piece that I care to have. What did I do? Rather than hopping on and being less than excited, I started a new playthrough of Horizon Zero Dawn, and I totally didn't have a desire to play D2 at all until Iron Banner rolled around.

You don't have to play Destiny!
The game is certainly leagues better than D1 at not making you feel as behind as D1 did at its worst. Play some other games.

Witcher 3 Complete Edition is $20 right now on Xbox. It's a ridiculously good deal, but if you really don't have that kind of time, and want something that you can just hop on and play real quick, Battlefront (with all DLC) is $4.50 right now. It's fun, not that sweaty, and you can probably convince a few friends to grab it at that price.

Again, you don't have to be angry or upset. If Destiny 2 isn't giving you the experience that you want, then don't play it. You can still hop into Party chat with folks if you want, but don't force yourself to do anything that you don't want to do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread