I'm glad your experience is different than mine, but (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 12:39 (2395 days ago) @ General Vagueness

snipers are still good

Why would you choose a skill weapon when you can you use a no-skill guaranteed kill weapon like a rocket launcher or a sword? Especially since the penalty is made higher by the fact that you took that ammo from the rest of your team. When only one person can get power ammo at a time, it's not only that _you_ got power ammo, but you _denied_ your teammates that ammo, who may in fact be better with that ammo than you. Your choice to even pick up power ammo is potentially a bad choice for your team.

power ammo spawns more frequently and in more places at once than heavy ammo did

Sure, but with only one person able to get it at a time, there can literally be whole nights I don't get power ammo unless I both sit on the crate and don't get shoulder charged or meleed out of it. I'm not kidding. Maybe people in the PNW are particularly selfish about the power ammo, but because I've been pushed out of getting power ammo so often, I've kind of stopped wanting to even try. It is ridiculous that this is even a mechanic.

Hunters can do quite well-- you know you can run away or hide, right? it's not a fencing competition or something, no one will call you out on it

Of course I can hide, and it's what I do. But without any recovery I fail to finish off the majority of my engagements. My kill ratio is significantly lower than it was in D1. Without teammates around to clean up, I make no progress. I went from a 1.31 K/D in D1 to last few nights averaging a 0.67 KA/D in D2.

I'd like to also point out, I think something significantly changed between now and the beta. The beta I had a couple games where I went Unbroken. I didn't feel overly outclassed. Now, I just feel like not only is my class too weak, but I just don't have the gear to play. I don't have the time I used to. I don't have the exotics y'all are referring to, I don't really have the nice things yet. IMO, this shouldn't matter in quick play crucible so much.

I don't see what 4v4 has to do with not having someone to play with-- unless you were consistently the 5th or 6th person in the group, in which case the problem is that people don't want to play with you that much

Y'all really don't understand how challenging being on the West coast can be for finding people to play with? I don't get on until at least 8-8:30 pm my time on a weekday. Anyone who lives East of me is already 1) done for the night. 2) about to be done, or 3) has a full fireteam because they've been playing a while.

You add the FTB in there, I just can't get on when most things are scheduled (they often start before I'm home from work), nor do I have that long to play as of late. I get maybe an hour or 2 here or there.

I can think of 5 west coast people on Xbox that I've played with regularly. If they aren't on, I'm generally f*&$ed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread