I'm glad your experience is different than mine, but (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 13:03 (2395 days ago) @ BeardFade

Occasionallly, I see you playing alone and I don't send an invite because I feel that I drag you down. But maybe having a teammate you can communicate with offsets having to carry someone who's worse than you are... so maybe I should just stop worrying and shoot you that invite. I'm sorry. (If you're REALLY done, this is moot - but if you wanna give it another try, I'm down. ;) )

I've been playing recently with a group that is at least a tier above me. I used to hate this; in Halo, and in D1, it meant that even if we won, I had a shitty game and my K/D was always below 1, and my teammates all had a sweatier game than if I hadn't been there. D2 favors team shooting so much that if I'm careful, I can contribute positively to my team. And when you're playing with friends, the whole "can I grab power ammo? SHOULD I grab power ammo?" thing gets less relevant; for the most part, people are willing to give it up if someone asks for it. If I'm having one of those crappy games where I can't even get a kill with ROCKETS, I'll stop picking it up altogether; why waste it? But for the most part, heavy ammo is a guaranteed 2-3 kills for me, which makes it worthwhile for my teammates to let me have it. :)

Also, if you've got actual support, you grabbing sniper ammo is a GOOD thing. You're great with a sniper, and I remember more than one D2 game where you totally shut down a capture point for the enemy team with it. I can see how, if you're playing with randoms, this might not happen (because 1) they're not covering your flanks, and 2) they might not even notice what cap point you're covering)... but when playing with friends, you're definitely not wasting power ammo by grabbing sniper bullets. THAT I can say with certainty. ;)

Botttom line: if you're really totally unhappy, you should quit playing. If the reasons for your unhappiness might be alleviated by playing with teammates... I'm on ALMOST every night, and I'd be proud to be carried to victory by you. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread