I'm glad your experience is different than mine, but (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 15:23 (2395 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Of course I can hide, and it's what I do. But without any recovery I fail to finish off the majority of my engagements. My kill ratio is significantly lower than it was in D1. Without teammates around to clean up, I make no progress. I went from a 1.31 K/D in D1 to last few nights averaging a 0.67 KA/D in D2.

well unless you're getting paid to play I think K/D is secondary to having fun-- otherwise what are you playing for, to rub someone's nose in how good you are? (I mean really, that would be childish, not to mention pointless since no one knows or cares who you are)

For many of us, having an external measure (K/D) is an easy way to monitor progress. If that doesn't work for you, that's fine - but you should probably be aware that there are plenty of good reasons for keeping track of objective measurements that have absolutely nothing to do with rubbing anyone's nose in anything.

I get that, and I do look at how well I've done in a match, I'm just saying if someone makes it about the K/D instead of enjoyment (not saying he is, just that I know some people do) I think they're missing the point

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread