Possibly... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 08:43 (2394 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Even the glorious Messenger wouldn't have stood a chance against pre-HoW Hawkmoon.

That may be true... but I’m not sure :) Even in its prime, I don’t think Hawkmoon was quite as easy to use as the messenger.

Correct. And that's why I loved it; you actually had to be skilled to use it. You had to be able to land those headshots, and quickly, because at close range, TLW and Auto rifles could tear you up, and at long range, Thorn would bleed you out with body shots. If you were skilled enough, you could drop snipers, and you would be occasionally rewarded for your accuracy with the Magic Bullet (AKA the most satisfying shot in all of Destiny).

And then Bungie nerfed its accuracy, then its range, then they nerfed them some more when then Messenger was released. With the end of Year 1, the Magic Bullet was removed, the damage reduced, and even the algorithm for Luck in the Chamber felt nerfed.

You literally just aim for center mass, and the inherent recoil pattern + headseeker would take care of the rest. 2-shot kills all day long. Would’ve been fun to see those two Uber-weapons go toe-to-toe in their respective primes :)

Yeah, Messenger did make things pretty easy...
[image]

But Hawkmoon made them fun.
[image]

And in the end, fun wins out for me. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread