Think I'm done. (Destiny)

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 08:14 (2395 days ago) @ BeardFade

I for one will hate to see you go, but I would rather you spend your time on something enjoyable! If it’s not D2, maybe it will be D3. My household has a lot of good memories thanks to you, and just last night Isaac asked if I’d gamed with you recently.

As for a hunter in PVP, you know full well that I ONLY run a hunter. I felt pretty weak until I made some adjustments to both my armor and play style. I boosted my resilience and gave up some mobility/recovery, going in at 4/7/3. In my experience this change alone made the most difference in feeling like I could compete. I’ve almost given up on hand cannons in PVP in favor of a scout/auto rifle combination. I use knucklehead radar and play the mid-range game, bugging out if things get too close. I don’t get the most “defeats”, but I don’t get killed as often either. My k/d is consistently positive and usually the highest on the team. Objectively, this is vastly better than D1, and I actually feel much more capable in D2.

That said, I wholeheartedly agree with your frustration regarding sniper rifles. After hand cannons, they are my favorite weapon, and I very much feel like I never get a chance to use them in PVP. On the rare occasion that I do get purple ammo, I usually do so simply to prevent the other team from picking it up for themselves.

I understand your disappointment, and while I hope you stick it out, I hope even more that you find a gaming outlet that’s enjoyable. If you do, let us know so we can check it out!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread