Ya know... (Destiny)

by Monochron, Sunday, January 25, 2015, 15:20 (3382 days ago) @ RC

I understand why Luke would want to present it like a mistake or oversight, [...]
... I really wish we could get a little more honesty about their intentions.

Stuff like this is why a lot of developers keep their mouths shut.

Which is why I tempered the rest of my post by saying that I was grateful for the info. But I see what you mean.

It's better to keep the comments on the problems, not the people.

Right, I wasn't saying 'Luke = BadMan' I was saying 'Bungie still isn't that good about communicating to its players'. I really doubt that Luke just went off the rails talking about Bungie's intentions and plans for the future. I would bet a lot that, as a large company with a big PR team, that PR team was aware he was making that post or is okay with the information going out. It is my opinion that that PR team should modify the message.

Why? Because the idea that Bungie didn't see the magnitude of the barrier they were creating coming casts doubt on their development abilities. And because I think Bungie is full of really smart people, I'm of the opinion that they DID see it coming and that it was intentional. We all saw the the huge barrier coming as soon as it was announced, I imagine Bungie did too. It was just a bad design decision (not an accident).

Still though, thank you Bungie and Luke for being more forthcoming with information. I'm only giving feedback because I would like to see that communication continue to improve. Keep it up!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread