How should Bungie alter the way special ammo works in PvP? (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 06, 2015, 22:21 (3310 days ago) @ CyberKN

Snipers are the biggest reason I had issues with First Light and Bastion. As the game currently is, Shotguns are incredibly dominant, even after two nerfs.

The issue is not shotguns at large, but it is with shotguns with lots of range and the shot package perk. I think getting rid of shot package alone would be exactly enough to more balance shotguns.

Preferably, Ammo for these weapons will be limited to the same degree that Heavy is- because that's what they are: Power weapons. Things your team would fight to hold the spawn of in Halo.

The large maps in Destiny are set up so that you can traverse them without being exposed to snipers. They all have interiors or passageways to use. Snipers do not dominate. In the smaller maps, there are a limited amount of areas where they are useful.

In my experience, snipers are far weaker than shotguns and fusion rifles overall. This is from both ends of the gun.

Get rid of shot package, and slightly decrease the amount of ammo you get from green packs. That's all Bungie should do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread