Yeah, exotic weapon balance is PvP's real problem. (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 16:50 (3309 days ago) @ Cody Miller

1. There is still going to be some scenario where it will kill where a DYK wouldn't.

There is no situation I can think of other than what we have now, where that could be the case. Let's say you make it so the DoT kills if you get three BODY shots. Well, Timur's lash can do that by default. Fail. A legendary is going to match or beat it in every situation except the current one.

Provided the encounter lasts 2 seconds, and no one hunts cover, and it isn't a long range battle, sure. In your ideal situation, Timur's Lash wins.

2. If it's the same as any other legendary that's a good thing.

when you could use your exotic slot for something else.

I feel like you're really not grasping the idea here. If no exotic offers a particularly strong advantage over a legendary, that's a good thing. You can't waste your exotic slot. There is no better exotic to use instead. So you can use a gun you want to use, not one you feel you're at a disadvantage by not using.

Just for fun, here's a guy playing with the pre-buff thorn. I don't think less Dot would matter because he's really good, but it's illustrative to point out that this was back when Thorn was considered less useful than any other hand cannon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread