Yeah, exotic weapon balance is PvP's real problem. (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, April 07, 2015, 22:15 (3309 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And my original contribution was that I am killed by Thorn regularly, and by Legendary HCs non-regularly.

Thorn is probably more common than a comparable Legendary hand cannon. That's the only reason I think. The vendor hand cannons are not the greatest for crucible right now, and I'm not sure how many people hung on to their TDYKs or their Lord High Fixers. You need a good drop with the hand cannons that you can get now.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've been killed by a Thunderlord, but that doesn't mean it's no good.

Do you even have a fully leveled Thorn? If so, do you ever use it?

I have used a fully leveled Lord High Fixer, Fatebringer, and Word of Crota in the Crucible, but none of them come even close to my Thorn (which I run with almost all the time now).

You are the only person I know that tries to argue that the exotic hand cannons are not noticeably better than pretty much anything else (primary weapons at least) in the Crucible, and I am suspecting that's because you don't actually use any of them.

As you said, what is true on paper is not necessarily true in the field. Even though your TDYK can three-shot just like Thorn (on paper), actually using them makes it very clear that Thorn is going to be noticeably more deadly than TDYK most of the time. Especially when used in the hands of someone (like myself) that doesn't get head-shots 90% of the time like you apparently do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread