Update 1.1.2 : The one with Vault space and Raid fixes. (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 20:34 (3317 days ago) @ CougRon

I have mild color vision impairment. I can see a wide variety of colors but I can't distinguish them all as clearly as the average person. When they talked about the options for color adjustment a couple weeks back I was pretty happy, because the color-corrected picture they showed was much more readable to me than the standard color setup. I trust that the setting in question, protanopia, will make a good difference in gameplay (I've only managed about two minutes of actual combat since the update finished because XBL started having a fit), but in the gear menu it's not all coming up violets.
Everything looks good except for uncommon/green-grade gear, the background color for it doesn't look green to me now, it's orange, similar to exotics that you can't equip. It's bad enough that I went "wait, I don't have an exotic shotgun, do I? I should be able to equip it..." and then hovered on it and saw it was a green-grade gun (I had kept it because I wanted to play around with a perk it had that none of my other weapons had).
Looking at them side by side, the differences are more noticeable, and the tier text and the nice new locking feature make it less of a problem, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few people using this mode go to shard a green item they just picked up, which is like a reflex for many people now, and shard an unlocked exotic because they weren't paying close attention.
The small risk and the large aesthetic disruption (the color looks fundamentally different from what it was and frankly it doesn't look good) are why I'm saying: thank you, Bungie, but could you just adjust the uncommon-tier gear color please?
While you're at it, the motion tracker blips look green now, which is just as valid as red, and it doesn't seem to hurt readability, but it might become a problem on Venus with all the foliage, and after months of Destiny (and months of Marathon and years of Halo) using red, it just looks wrong, so could you maybe look at that too?
(The best option, of course, would be the ability to adjust colors independently, but I'm happy with just having options as long as I don't have to pick some part of the game to be unclear on.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread