I kindly disagree. I like the changes. (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 17:29 (3316 days ago) @ Korny

I played for about 2 hours last night and felt like the changes really suited my play style a lot. Here are a few reasons:

1) I love to snipe, everyone who plays with me knows it. The new ammo system makes my ability to be more accurate than my opponent all the more valuable, because I can get more kills per crate than they can. And since there are fewer crates, I can actually deny them opportunities to match me ammo wise.

2) While it was frustrating to run up to a crate to see it still had a minute on it, I also enjoy the challenge of changing tactics and adapting strategy. On those occasions I ran out of special ammo, I had to adapt, find ways to attack with my primary that were effective. Plus, with TTK on primaries being a bit slower than specials, it puts an emphasis on playing as a team, attacking enemies together. I like that.

3) I've been using HMG's for quite some time, so I already have the instinct to avoid the areas of the map with heavy rocket play. I found last night that I was still able to manage my heavy really well, multiple times still having some heavy ammo by the time the next heavy dropped. I also think that getting an extra 5 seconds really helps me get heavy more often because on certain maps, my preferred positioning isn't within 10 seconds of the drop.

I'm not saying the Crucible is perfect and get it that it's frustrating. I think a lot of good points were made, some bad ones as well, but at least for now, I enjoy the changes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread