The Crucible changes are just too much. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 21:00 (3317 days ago) @ Korny

it sucks to be in the middle of a firefight, switch to your secondary to finish them, then see that it's empty. You then switch back to your primary that still needs to reload, and it's just awkward. Same thing with seeing a blade dancer come at you. You switch to your shotgun, but oops, it's empty. Because not only do they hold less ammo, but ammo crates take far too long to spawn.

Also, the Heavy ammo situation. If you wait for your teammates to show up for the Heavy, then you all get a rocket headed your way because of the one guy on the other team who didn't wait, so now you are inclined not to wait... Which wouldn't be so bad if the Heavy didn't despawn on Death, but now you have to make sure to grab it or lose it altogether. I used to save Heavy ammo for Blade Dancers, but now it's not a good proposition. All I've seen in crucible today are rocket launchers in response to disappearing ammo and the quick Charlie Foxtrots that occur in the 15 seconds after a Heavy drop. And thanks to the longer timer and map icon, getting Heavy ammo is ironically not as easy or as guaranteed, because an enemy with a Super has plenty of time to make a bolt for your team, and since your team is huddled by the heavy, he's pretty uncontested all the way there. And because of the bigger focus on Rockets, Machine Guns are out of the question; you simply can't risk holding on to Heavy ammo anymore.

Crucible's become this awkward clockwork where you are worrying more about timers than the encounters.

I saw an ammo crate and was like "thank the Nine", but then I saw that the timer on it was still at 45 seconds. That's almost a full minute without secondary ammo, unless I run to the next crate hoping that my teammates didn't grab it while I was respawning. I can get behind decreasing shotgun spam, but it feels like someone came up with a list of different ways to counter it, and someone said "perfect, implement them all!"

... With the new way it plays, Crucible is actually less fun for me.

I'm not the Crucible master that you are, but I've had a few good games the past few weeks and now worry about how things will play out now.

I'm not happy about this:

Added incremental revive timers to Skirmish and Salvage
Each time a teammate revives you, it takes longer before you can be revived again (currently +5s each revive)

Five seconds?! That seems insane to me.

Kermit

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread