Bubbles should feel super, not vulnerable. (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, May 01, 2015, 14:58 (3283 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Doesn't it mostly do this already? A bubble will (generally?) protect you from a Nova Bomb, will block two Golden Gun shots, and offers great protection vs Radience. Sure, the bubble is a great big target, but nothing says you have to stand on the bullseye. I get a lot of kills after a Striker has nuked my bubble with me safely off to the side.

I thought a nova bomb would kill you if you were in your bubble when it hit, perhaps I'm mistaken. Also, can't a GG over-penetrate a bubble with the "keyhole" perk?

About all I feel a bubble is good for is blocking gunfire from a specific direction as standing in your bubble is a sort of death wish in PvP. I guess it comes down to this for me, a bubble just doesn't feel super like other supers, instead if feels vulnerable.

A bubble would feel more super and less vulnerable if it was mobile.
Perhaps a perk could be a mobile, weaker, and shorter-lived bubble; moving it would cause it to disappear even faster. The potential of a short lived rolling ball of shotgun death sounds super fun! I don't see it being any more powerful than a blade dancer. You'd see the giant purple pac-man a mile away, and you could run away from the mobile bubble, you can't really run away from a blade dancer.

I wish there was a little more dimension to a bubble, and it wouldn't take much to make it more interesting. Bouncing back gunfire could be one, pushing enemies out of the way when it's dropped is another, or even slowing down movement (similar to how a poison cloud slows you down). I imagine these would be tied to exotics.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread