You're right, I think...but (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, August 21, 2015, 14:35 (3192 days ago) @ Funkmon

You have to balance that stuff with rewards. I wouldn't use Fatebringer if it was not arc (I have some great other guns I like). I have a Time on Target better than Oversoul Edict. Vision of Confluence is still top, but there's not a single Crota gun I'd be hankering for.

To make up for the lack of elements they would have to have godly rolls on raid guns to entice people to play regularly, and if Bingle does one thing well, it's communicate how little they want us to have really good rolls. So, elemental guns are a great way to make guns super desirable but still balance them in game, and in PVP, where elements mean nothing, so people aren't using their amazing raid guns.

I think the elements are a necessary evil.

Not necessarily. You have raid weapons with unique perks, like White Nail, Hive Disruptor, Dark Breaker, etc. Fatebringer would, without arc damage, still own because of firefly. Raid weapons can be treated like Mini exotics. An element is not the only thing that can make them desirable.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread