On the flipside... (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, August 21, 2015, 16:21 (3194 days ago) @ dogcow

Back before I got to raid (held out for RL group of friends) doing nightfalls was incredibly difficult and almost nobody would do them with me. I remember being excited for valus ta'auruc with no burns because we could complete it with no elemental primaries. It took a while, but it was a tough fight -- and we didn't cheese it either, stood on the platforms all regular like and killed the waves of mobs between burning valus down. It was an intense 30 minute fight, and I think how it was designed to be played.

The problem was, because it was so challenging, people started wanting to cheese it in the boxes area. I remember later that week taking over an hour for just that fight... because a couple guys I ran with wanted to cheese it. After 20 minutes I wanted to pull my hair out. It just wasn't fun, even though we did get a couple exotics when we had basically zero. That was the point for them -- getting to that next stepping stone rather than enjoying the ride.

Point is, because of the challenge, people often didn't want to do it legit without elemental primaries, it isn't worth the effort to them. I'd hate to see that kind of scenario come back, and be a frequent occurance.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread