Here's a thought: (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, August 21, 2015, 16:36 (3193 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

A couple of weeks ago, both Brawler and Lightswitch were on - and I thought it was fantastic. I was suddenly faced with a choice I am rarely faced with: should I do what I normally do when Lightswitch is on, and hang back and play the long game, or should I take advantage of the super-fun Brawler modifier and run in there for some close quarters combat, hoping I can either kill with one punch or at least stun so I can dance away from danger?

I love dynamics like that. I mentioned in an earlier comment that I think elemental primaries creat a similar dynamic during Nightfalls with burns. You're able to do way more damage, which tempts the player to become more aggressive. But you can also die at the drop of a hat, so you're walking this fine line the whole time. It plays very differently from the rest of Destiny, where players and enemies can usually take so much damage.

Yes.

This week, I ran the nightfall as my first Destiny in almost 2 weeks. We wiped once, so nico had two opportunities to get toasted by the pair of Shriekers at the start. Nobody EVER dies to the shriekers* - but he died both times. (Man, did it piss him off.) Dat void burn...

*Sure, occasionally someone gets unlucky and is killed by the shriekers. But it's really rare, and I've NEVER seen it happen to the same person in back-to-back runs before.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread