I'm torn on this (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, August 21, 2015, 14:57 (3193 days ago) @ Cody Miller

On the one hand, I think you make some very good points. On the other hand, I think elemental primaries are loads of fun. They do change the nature of the nightfalls, but in an enjoyable way. You can die super fast, but you can also dish out insane damage. Without elemental primaries, the Nightfalls would be far more tedious, IMO. Dealing with hordes of bullet-sponge enemies who can kill you in 1 or 2 shots just isn't fun for me. Elemental primaries + burns creates a fun dynamic.

But you do raise a great point about Exotic primaries. We were discussing this in another thread last week. I have 15 unique legendary primaries with elemental damage, most of which have great base stats as well. There is virtually no reason for me to ever use an exotic primary in PvE, other than "just for fun". I think adding elemental damage to more of the exotic primaries would help even this out.

The only exotic primary I'd use on a semi-regular basis in PvE would by Mythoclast. And guess what? It's solar. Maybe MIDA as sword bearer during Crota's End.

If Thorn or TLW had Outlaw/Firefly, I'd use the hell out of them in PvE. I think you're over-exaggerating the importance of elemental damage, compared to what other attributes make guns desirable.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread