I know that one too. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Friday, August 21, 2015, 19:20 (3191 days ago) @ Claude Errera

When I moved to the Bone, it did give me a little bit of freedom. Even though it still takes a bit to swap guns, on Omnigul I have no problem quickly swapping over to Found Verdict after using a sniper for the whole thing and shotgunning the shit out of her in 10 seconds for a quick kill. I wouldn't do that on the 360, or, I could, but I'd have to plan.

To me, the difference in the weapon swap game is like passing with a slow car vs a normal car. On my ex's standard Cavalier, I'd have to think "All right, going to downshift, gas it, and get over after those cars." Then I'd wait for a massive break. On MY car, I just think "Go time." Floor it, and I'm fine.

In much the same way, appropriate changes do happen in gun usage on the 360. But it's almost never in the most efficient way possible.

Note: I do not think I have been colored by playing on the 360 too much. I used to use fusion rifles and sniper rifles exclusively, never shotguns until the buff, and I would often find myself thinking "Well, I could get that guy with a sniper, or slowly kill him with the Suros so I don't have to swap out my fusion rifle," but still making the changes when necessary, like the boss part of Aksor. I would just have to hide somewhere, when now I don't.

So, in short, I now never use fusion rifles.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread