I'm torn on this (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, August 21, 2015, 15:27 (3194 days ago) @ CyberKN

If Thorn or TLW had Outlaw/Firefly, I'd use the hell out of them in PvE. I think you're over-exaggerating the importance of elemental damage, compared to what other attributes make guns desirable.

Outlaw+Firefly is one of those magic combos for PvE, isn't it? I've got several scout rifles with outlaw+firefly, and they are some of the only primaries without elemental damage that I use on a regular basis.

But when the going gets tough (Nightfalls, 35 Prison of Elders) I go back to my elemental Raid or Trials primaries every single time.

Oh, I agree. It's our nature to try to stack the odds in our favour when facing a difficult challenge- why shouldn't we? Against Skolas, Every little bit helps.

That's why I proposed making all primary legendaries/exotics have elemental damage as a counterpoint.

Yeah, that's an interesting suggestion. Just playing devil's advocate, there is one thing about the split between elemental and non-elemental weapons that I like. It gives Bungie another way to create guns that are more well suited to PvP or PvE. Word of Crota is a decent but unremarkable hand cannon, until you factor in the Void damage. Then it becomes fantastic in certain PvE situations. The old vendor TDYK had perks that made it a PvP beast, yet in PvE it is outclassed by many raid weapons or legendaries with other perk combos. Of course, limiting the number of primaries with elemental damage is not the only way to create these distinctions, but it gives Bungie more options.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread