Here's a thought: (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, August 21, 2015, 16:08 (3191 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I sort of see the argument that "elemental primaries are so much better than the alternative that once I get one (WHENEVER I get one), I'll never go back to a non-elemental primary"... for folks who play the "most efficient gun, all the time" metagame.

I don't play that game. I enjoy having options - and I'd be sad if those options were limited just because some people feel that those options keep them from trying other things.

I agree with this, and I'm right there with you. More often than not I'm using a non-elemental primary because they are more enjoyable for me. I like my custom A.1F-19x, TDYK, Venation III and so forth.

Why should a class of weapons that does NOT affect how others play the game be nerfed because one player (or one class of player) suggests that they can't stop themselves from using it if it's around?

I understood the distinction, and tried to point out that a new, valid perspective was being introduced at the beginning of my previous post.

My point was that those are two entirely different discussions. Cody isn't saying "hey these should be nerfed because the game is too easy for me". He is saying "hey, there might be a gameplay problem once a player has a ton of elemental primaries -- things that should be hard are now too easy". I was responding to the implication that this is about cody's ego and only his meta-game matters. I think he is saying "this is what I see as a problem with end-game meta" and wanting to discuss that. We can discuss both, here or in separate threads, but I don't think the heat is constructive or called for here... so I was pointing it out.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread