That was my immediate reaction too, but I dunno. (Destiny)

by Dundre, Norway, Friday, September 09, 2016, 10:31 (2838 days ago) @ someotherguy

I do think the Last Word was sort of outside of it`s effective range, and the shotgun clip was in the air. In that sense these are more like propaganda clips. That being said I see where he is coming from. And I too have felt how unrewarding hand cannons can feel at times. The base accuracy seems unreasonably low, especially on the initial shot. Still, bloom cone must have reached the outer ring not far from were the other player is standing. Watching the clips closely the shots fired don`t seem to actually go outside outer bloom ring(?), so technically the UI is doing it`s job conveying your chances of hitting at that range. Theoretically, the system is something you can adapt to, it will reward skill, and how it works will be totally transparent. But, that is not all there is to it. Hand cannons are acting a bit weird and can hit or miss further away or closer than that. That is the bit that makes it seem a bit random, and then it might as well be random. Either way, apologists blame latency and maybe that people not pacing their shots, and ranters blame ghost bullets or bloom in general for any odd miss wether they should or not.

I can see that the initial accuracy feels off, but I don`t really want cross map Hand Cannon duels like year one. Hopefully his point comes across, and Bungie can tune it to feel "more right" (patent pending). I got to say, comparatively, that Tripple made his point in a calm and mature way.. Except the people universally hated bloom in Reach comment, --I mean, I am sure I was not alone in thinking bloom in itself is not a terrible mechanic back then. I am not saying every sentient being on the planet has to agree with someone for that person to generalize a bit, but "universally hated" are TWO states of undeniable solid end-of-story absoluteness.

I obviously do not feel like weapons "always, always should hit what you point at". (Do you suppose he means Bungie should just up the recoil a bit, and remove the reticle when you are out of range or something so you can`t really point at what you can`t hit?). But, despite all that I think the vid still was great, and props to him. Bungie will have to address this in some way now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread