Not sure I agree... (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, September 09, 2016, 20:04 (2940 days ago) @ slycrel
edited by dogcow, Friday, September 09, 2016, 20:17

This was the sweet spot for a long time with HC's. Far enough to not be able to easily rush you, close enough to aim effectively. I'd put this at solid mid-range. If I had to round it might go to long range, but it's really the middle ground, and often where lots of combat happens.

Definitely approaching the closer part of scout range and right in the middle of pulse range IMO. And, with the doctrine archetype, well within auto-rifle range. HC's can't compete well in this domain where most other weapons at least have archetypes that shine here.

I think Bungie even admitted this by mentioning a high impact longer range HC as a "new" archetype that would be dropping.

Back when HC's were amazing I would definitely engage at that range and further. It was pretty great! Now? I'll begin an engagement at that range, but I'll want to get in closer so I can reliably land shots. I'd like my HC's to have more range, I love em, but I don't think they're intended to be effective at anything past the range he's testing them at. And.. that video kinda proves they weren't meant to be reliable at that distance.

How I see effective ranges (with some humor):

.                         (titan melee)
[SG]                      (shotgun)
[-WM-]                    (warlock melee)
[--AR--]
[---HC---]
         X                (his target)
        [----PR----]
         [-----SR-----]   (scout rifle)
[---------Sniper---------]

Edit: Added Titan Melee & target range.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread