I do (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 09, 2016, 16:22 (2838 days ago) @ BeardFade

I've been a scratch golfer (no handicap) since I was 15. Considered turning pro after college and just couldn't get the startup capital I needed to give it a try. The average golfer can't break 100 (par 72) if they are actually following all the rules (e.g. counting all penalty strokes), though.

I'm probably a bit more masochistic than most in that I'm willing to work really hard for a long period of time at things that are really difficult. Which probably points to why I'm more inclined to imbue a game with difficulties corresponding to the real world than others.

As was I. I still play, but not as much nor do I practice as much. When I was in middle and high school, I would literally get up and play 18 holes every day during the summer, and be done by lunch. I loved it. Your only obstacle was yourself. Of course, I don't have the time to play that much anymore.

I generally feel like all sports video games are a huge waste of time. I might have explained why before, but one of the many reasons is that just playing the real sport is far more rewarding and interesting. Most FPS games work because they are not trying to be realistic, and thus present a different challenge that can't be replicated by shooting for real.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread