Ghost Bullets (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, September 09, 2016, 17:33 (2838 days ago) @ BeardFade

I watched this last night and my first thought was that this is crap. But then I began to think about bungles description of the cone effect, and how they want weapons to have roles and it really makes sense. He's using the weapons at the far far end of their intended range. It's a good chance you won't hit your target with a short ranged weapon. I think the issue is that many became comfortable with their y1 hand cannons being good at almost any range and simply failed to adapt. I loved autos through all of year one but when they really killed the range it ruined them for me. Even the best ranged ones weren't as effective as pulses or scouts for me. My avg kill distance is 20-22m which is really high for destiny. I don't even snipe. So it's justified that I would use a weapon that's in my wheelhouse in terms of range.

Maybe there are better ways of accomplishing the goal, but where they are at now isn't really that bad. I think the bigger issue is that ttk on close range weapons isn't often quick enough to counter shotgun rusher types. A fast firing hc should be able to put them down quickly but usually don't. I'm also surprised they didn't buff high impact autos. They feel left out. They are too slow up close and too weak at medium range.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread