I think he misses an important point (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 09, 2016, 11:04 (2838 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, September 09, 2016, 11:09

Have you guys seen this vid from tripleWRECK? Explains a lot about why I feel like I am whiffing with hand cannons sometimes.

I take issue with his "Bullets need to land exactly where you aim them every single time" argument. You can't make every gun 100% accurate at long range and expect the game to be remotely balanced.

Yes you can. See my post about adjusting aim assist and bullet magnetism. Have you ever tried to kill a teammate while they are moving in Halo with the Battle rifle? It's outrageously hard, because both attributes are set to zero when you shoot at people on your own team.

Bullets can go exactly where you are pointing, but you can make it so that actually pointing at someone's head is more difficult depending on the weapon. Likewise, bullet magnetism can be set to a different value depending on the range.

If a bullet veers off course, is should only do so in order to hit. Never to miss. I think that's a good principle to follow when aiming down sights. If you are missing, it should be because you aren't actually aiming at the head, which can be made easier or harder by adjusting the aim assist across gun types.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread