I liked the gameplay subthread (Gaming)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 07:53 (3915 days ago) @ Jillybean

I don't know if it's anything groundbreaking or special overall, but I'll argue it's solid, fun, and the sky hooks are pretty imaginative.

The first time through I was still learning the game, so I played pretty safe. Carbine/Rocket Launcher all day long with buffs to my Vigors, which I basically used as grenades. Pretty straight forward FPS action. It was quite satisfying carpet bombing Lady Comstock and her minions, btw.

Second time through I went a bit more willy nilly, and finally took the dive (snicker) into Charge. Yeah, I know, you figure I would've busted that out a lot sooner, being the ME3 Vanguard whore that I am. I also dedicated myself to learning the sky hook system more and tweaking a bit harder and more deliberately with the upgrades and clothing.

In the end, the game rewarded me for making the effort to learn its mechanics, which I think is the sign of good game.

(I'm thinking the third and fourth times through will be a goddammed Zaeed-apocalypse.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread